If you have one of the Plus, PRO or Enterprise plans, you can access the Import app, which lets you import all your products and details.
It is recommended that you use this app when you migrate to the Gomag platform because it lets you import in your new online store all the products you had on your old one, with all their details.
Once the app is enabled, if you go to the Products section from your main menu, you can find the Import button in the screen's top-right part. After you click on it, a new page will open. Here you can see the imports you already made over time, and you can always add a new one if you click on the Import products button.
See HERE how to fill in correctly the file for the import.
Import products into your store
To create an import correctly, you need to follow a few steps:
(click on the step you want to go to)
- Step 1: Choose the product file
- Step 2: Correlate the columns
- Step 3: Configure the import options
- Step 4: Complete the import
- Extra: Tips on how to create an import file + file template
Choose the type of import. In the case of a Product file import, choose if the import adds new products or updates the stock of products. Click on Select File and upload from your computer a file with XLS or TSV extension.
The product file you send for import should not contain text with style (coloured columns, bold text, italic text, underlining, and any other style text or table options).
You can download a file import template at the end of this page (click
HERE to go to that section).
Before starting to correlate, make sure you’ve created into your store the necessary attributes for the columns from your import file. The attribute options are added automatically from the file, so there is no need to add them manually.
If you use an import file with versions, you need to create type list attributes that will be used in the configuration of the versions.
Choose exactly how the information from the import file will be imported in your store and under which form you will find them in the product details.
- By row, click on the Choose text next to each column to set how the link (correlation) between the information from the file and the ones from the store will be made.
- After you go through these steps for all columns, you can see in the table how to make a correlation.
- If you don’t want the values from a particular column to be taken into account upon the import, uncheck the box associated with that column.
- Optionally, you can save the correlation you’ve made as a template if you will import files with the same columns in the future.
- Choose that the first row from the imported table be ignored if it contains the column names (as in the example above).
Open the Import Options tab and complete the import settings as follows:
- Choose the way you want to manage the new products. If there are in the file products that you don’t have available in the store at the moment, you can opt to add them or not.
- Choose if you want the images from your import to be retrieved or not by choosing one of the options:
- No - The import will be made without image retrieving
- Get all the images - All the images from the file will be retrieved and will be added to the existing images.
- Replace existing images - The images from the file will replace the existing images.
- Only for products without images - It will retrieve images for products without images.
- In the file that you’ve uploaded, the column corresponding to product images can be filled in with two types of values: complete URL (example: http://domeniu.ro/ftp/bb12.jpg) or image name only (example: bb12.jpg).
If you have complete URLs in your file, there is no need to fill in the URL Images Prefix field.
- If you only have names in your file, you need to fill in the URL Images Prefix field with a prefix so that the complete URL of them will be built automatically.
- Optionally, after you enter the prefix, you can test it by adding in the Image Prefix Test the name of an image from the file.
You don’t have to take the image URLs for import from cPanel.
See how to add images in FTP in THIS ARTICLE.
- You can choose to sync or not the stock for a product that is a component in a bundle.
- You can choose to import from a file only the information regarding price and stock and ignore the rest of the columns. (Once selected this option, the following options from this page will disappear, as they are no longer necessary.)
- In the Reset Cross-Sell and Up-Sell products, you can choose to replace the cross-sell and up-sell products with the new specified products if they exist.
- Use the Reset Categories and Reset Attributes to replace all these values with the ones from the file.
- Choose if you want or not to ignore the existing attributes.
- Specify the symbols used as Category Separator and Multiple Value Separator in the file you want to import.
Once you’ve finished correlating and configuring the import’s options, click on the Start Import button from the top-right corner of the page.
You will be prompted with a page with all the imports made to date, where you can see the completed import status.
Fill in the “Enable in store” with “yes” or “no” based on how you want to have your products displayed in your store; by default, by import, the products are inactive, which means they are not visible in the store.
Fill in the “Manage the products stock” with “yes” or “no” based on how you want to manage the stock for each product individually; by default, by import, the product’s inventory is not managed.
You need to fill in the “VAT rate” column in case the column “Price with VAT” is filled in with the value “no”; otherwise, the VAT rate for that product will be set for the entire store.
You can download one of the two import file templates from here: