In the main menu, go to the Products section, there you can find the Feeds option. With this option, you can create a product feed (in CSV, XML format) that you can use in price comparison websites, different apps or in any other place you need them.
- Create a custom feed type
- Create a product feed
- Use predefined feeds
Create a custom feed type
- Click on the Create Feed button from the top right of the page.
- Please enter a name to quickly identify it in the future and choose to enable it or not.
- If you’ve enabled multiple languages in your store, you can set the language in which the feed will be generated.
- Choose the feed currency in which the feed will be generated.
- Choose the feed type you want to create: Custom, Cel.ro, Esteto, Google Shopping ADS, etc.
- If you want to create a Custom feed, you will need to choose the Feed format: CSV or XML.
- Separator - Enter the symbol, which will separate the CSV’s file columns.
Configure a CSV feed
- Feed field - Choose which of the product information will be included in the feed (for example, product code, name, price, stock, description, category, etc.). You can add as many columns as you need. Basically, these columns will be the CSV file columns.
Configure an XML feed
- Product tag - Enter the tags’ name in which each product from the feed will be classified. You can leave the <item> value, or you can replace it with <product>, for example.
- Header - It is advisable to enter a few information at the beginning of the feed, such as the store’s URL, the name and the date of feed’s publication, etc.
- Footer - You can use this section to add additional text at the end of the feed, if necessary.
- Feed fields - Choose what information about the products you want to display in your feed; you can add as many fields as you need. Basically, these fields will be the XML’s file tags, and you can see precisely how that tag is written (for example, the product code will be classified by the <product-code> tag).
You can change the tags in your feed to match the needs of the person you are sending the feed.
Add products into your feed
- Open the Products tab and choose the products from your store you want to include in your feed.
- You can filter products by code, inventory, category or brand.
- If you don’t add any conditions, all products from your store will be added to your feed.
Create Category Aliases
- In the Categories tab, you can replace in the feed the name of the category with one selected by you.
- In the Categories section, you can choose the category from your feed that you want to rename.
- In the Aliases section, you can add a new name for the category.
If a product belongs to multiple categories for which there are aliases, the first alias found will be used in the feed.
About Facebook and Google Shopping feed, these have predefined categories. To run correctly, you need to set the aliases according to the accepted values. See HERE how to do it.
Once created, a feed will be available immediately. However, if you bring changes later, they will be visible the next day, and the current version will be available if you click on the preview button.
Create a product feed
To create a feed following the Cel. ro documentation, for the type of feed, you need to select Cel. ro
The price from the feed does not include VAT. It will be added by the Cel.ro platform.
To create a feed following the Esteto documentation, for the type of feed, you need to select Esteto.
To create a feed following the FashionUp documentation, for the type of feed, you need to select FashionUp.
Google Shopping ADS
To create a feed following the Google Shopping ADS documentation, you need to select Google Shopping ADS and enter the necessary information for the type of feed.
Use predefined feeds
The Gomag platform provides you with predefined feeds for a series of price comparison websites and well-known apps like Okazii. ro or Google Remarketing. These feeds already contain the information the websites need; therefore, you don’t have to create everything from scratch.
The predefined feeds update automatically once every 24 hours. Keep this in mind when you want to add new products or bring changes to the existing ones. Try to let this interval pass between your last modification and the moment of sending the feed to make sure it is updated and contains all the new information.
Some of the predefined feeds need an API Key to be generated (for example, Glami).
In the predefined feeds, you can add different attributes that can be sent together with the product.
Article is closed for comments.