If you have the PRO or Enterprise plan, you will get access to the Customer groups app, where you can segment your clients based on their activity in your store.
Segmenting your customers in groups gives you the possibility to treat each customer category differently. By creating discount rules, you can offer discounts only to the customers from a specific group. Or you can offer various discounts based on the group type (for example, 10% discount to customers from Group X and 20% discount to customers from Group Y).
Once activated, you can find this app in the CRM -> Groups category from the main menu.
Add a new customer group
On the top of the screen, you will find the Create Group button that will open a new page.
Click on the respective button, and a new page will appear in which you will enter the details for the group you want to create:
- Group name - Based on the customer type and the selected criteria for segmentation: General, Male audience, Female audience, Customers from Bucharest, Customers from Cluj-Napoca, loyal customers, etc.
- Default group - This means that all your clients who register on the site will be attributed to this group. Standard is the default group in the platform, for which you can change the information, but you cannot delete it.
- Colour - Select a colour to help you to identify more quickly the group assigned to a customer.
Don’t forget to save the new group of customers by clicking on the Save group button.
List of customer groups
All existing groups are displayed in a table, with the following columns:
- Group - The name of the group
- Default - Informs you which of the created groups has the default feature (attributed to all customers)
- Modify and Delete options - This lets you change the group’s data or to delete it. For the default group, you only have the Modify option.
Advantages of customer groups
1. You can gain customers' loyalty from a specific group by offering discounts on certain product categories or on the entire site or different prices based on their group. See HERE how you can create this type of discount.
2. You can offer to customers from a specific group product bundles or gifts based on the products they ordered. See HERE how you can create a product bundle.
3. You can create an increased price rule for customers from a particular group. In this way, they will be able to purchase products at an increased price compared to the ones from another group. See HERE how you can create an increased prices rule.
When you perform any of these activities, you need to set the rules correctly for them to apply. For example:
Article is closed for comments.